FAQs / Help
Please click on a question to see the answer…
How do I use my DigiTickets?
You will be emailed an order confirmation that will include your unique Booking Reference Number and a barcode that also contains this number. You may make a note of this number and take with you when you visit the Grotto in place of a ticket, although we suggest printing out the email as this will contain a barcode which will grant you quicker access.
What happens when I buy a ticket online?
On completion of your order, you will be emailed a DigiTicket containing a barcode and booking reference number. Present this ticket on arrival, or if you don’t have a printer, simply make a note of the Booking Reference Number.
Where is the Grotto Experience service desk?
It is at the entrance of the Grotto itself, inside the main entrance of the Emporium Building at Housing units
How long will I be in the event?
Though we try very hard to limit queuing time, at peak times you may be in the Grotto area for up to an hour, though we will do everything we can to make your time with us as magical as possible
Is there wheelchair access?
Housing Units is a highly accessible site and free wheelchairs are available for customer use, but we are currently unable to offer pre-booking of these
Do you have restaurants/restrooms available?
We have extensive catering facilities throughout the store, along with clean and comfortable rest rooms in several locations
What 'Santa Experiences' are being run by Housing Units this year?
Breakfast with Santa, Dinner with Santa & Santa's Grotto
Where can I buy tickets for these events this year?
All tickets will be sold via the Housing Units' website
When will tickets go on sale?
All tickets will go on sale on Thursday 7th September to coincide with the start of the Autumn Sale on the Housing Units website
What advantages are there in booking the tickets online?
• Immediate delivery of tickets
• An ability to book the time you want to visit us, in the comfort of your home without the need to visit the store
• Reduced queueing time
• A greatly enhanced, personalized experience for our younger guests – we’ll say no more, or risk spoiling the surprise
What if I haven't got access to the internet?
Please ask a friend or family member who has got internet access to help book tickets for the experiences on your behalf. By booking online, you will enjoy an enhanced experience
Can I book tickets over the phone?
Regrettably, this is not possible. Please purchase your tickets via the Housing Units website.
Which methods of payment can I use on your website?
Santa Experience tickets can be purchased using all major Credit and Debit cards, except American Express; you can also make payment through PayPal
Are customer credit card details safe on your site?
• Our website employs state of the art encryption technology, with none of the customer’s account details being stored once a purchase has been made
• We take customers’ security very seriously, so please also note that all our Santas have also been fully CRB checked.
Will I be able to 'pay on the day' without booking?
• The Breakfast/Dinner with Santa events are limited to 35 child places each session. These always sell out and so it is extremely unlikely there will be any places available if the tickets are not booked online
• You will be able to pay on arrival at the Grotto, unless all slots are sold out. However, you will be allocated the next available time slot, and we cannot guarantee you will be able to join the queue straight away. At peak times, it may be several hours before there is an available time slot. Therefore, to avoid excessive waiting time, it makes sense to book online.
How much do Santa Experiences cost?
Again, all details are on our website but for information:
• Grotto - £14.95 per child / adults F.O.C
• Breakfast with Santa – child £16.95, adult £11.95
• Dinner with Santa- child £16.95, adult £11.95
Is a booking fee payable when tickets are purchased online?
In line with all other ticket retailers, an additional 90p booking fee is added to each experience purchased, irrespective of the number of visitors booked for that session i.e. a family of 2 adults and two children booking for the Grotto still only pay an additional 90p in total
What can expect to receive at each experience?
Again, full details are on our website, but for information:
• At the Grotto, each child will receive a personalised meeting with Santa, an age appropriate gift and a professional quality photo in a mount
• This year we have added an optional package upgrade, you can purchase a Bronze, Silver or Gold Package which will include the options of extra photo’s, snow globes and key rings. See our website for full details and booking.
• At Breakfast with Santa, children are personally met by Santa and given a gift. The breakfast meal itself includes a small English cooked breakfast for children, served with a soft drink and a cooked breakfast with hot drink for adults.
• At Dinner with Santa, children are served with a mini roast dinner, personally met by Santa and receive an age appropriate gift. Adults also enjoy a Christmas Dinner and a hot drink
Are places limited for the Breakfast and Dinner with Santa experiences?
Yes. To ensure our younger guests have a truly enjoyable experience, there are only 35 child places available for each session. There is no limit to the number of adults that can accompany each child attending each session
What if one of my party has a specific dietary requirement, requires a high chair or has any other special request?
You can make any of these requests as part of the online booking process. We will always try to meet any special requests if given sufficient notice, but regret we can’t always fulfil every request
What are the dates and times for each of the Santa experiences?
All details can be located on our website from the launch date, and will also be detailed in our in-store Point of Sale
Once I’ve paid for my tickets online, how will I receive them?
On completion of your order, you will be emailed a digital ticket containing a barcode and booking reference number. This should be printed out, kept safe and brought along to the start of the event
What if I don’t have a printer?
No problem! Simply make a note of the 8 digit Booking Reference Number and bring it with you.
What if I forget or lose my ticket/reference number?
Again, no problem! The person who made the booking can simply attend the event and bring ID
Can a ticket that has been ‘lost’ be re-issued?
Yes! Most customers will normally be able to find their original e-mail issued when the purchase was made so they can re-print their own ticket. However, in the very few cases where this may not be possible, please contact us via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of the start of their event, and we can re-send you your ticket
Could a lost ticket be used by someone else, or used more than once?
• At the start of an event ticket will be scanned which stops it being used again.
• In the event of a lost ticket, if you are concerned it might be found and used by someone else, please send us an e-mail to email@example.com and a ticket can be re-issued
What happens if I want to cancel a booking?
You can cancel a booking and receive a full refund, within 48 hours of the start of the session you have booked. If you wish to cancel a booking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens if I want to change the date of a booking?
Once a booking has been made it cannot be changed to an alternative date. You will need to re-book for the new dates you require (subject to availability) and email us at email@example.com stating your booking reference, name and full address to cancel the booking you no longer require. This is the only way to change the date on a booking and we are unable to change or cancel a booking over the telephone.
What happens if I enter the wrong details on a booking and wish to change them?
Any customer wishing to change their booking details should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens if I want to add another person onto a pre-existing booking?
• In the case of children, simply purchase another ticket for the date, time and event you desire, subject to there being spaces available
• For adults, there are no limits to the number of adult visitors to any of the events (adult tickets not required for Grotto, just come along!), however you must include a minimum of one child per booking. If you make a mistake and need help, please contact email@example.com and we will do our best to solve your issue.
Can I make group bookings?
We welcome group bookings, but these are best booked online to secure the time slots you need. For groups of 10+ please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to booking and we would be happy to help.
What happens if I am late?
If you are more than 15 minutes late, you will be re-booked for the next available time slot. At peak times, this might be in several hours’ time and so it is always best to arrive on time
How long will I have to wait to see Santa at the Grotto?
Though we try very hard to limit queuing time, at peak times you may be in the Grotto area for up to an hour, though we will do everything we can to make your time with us as magical as possible. However, more typically the wait time will be 30 minutes or less
Can I purchase additional photos at the Grotto?
Yes, no problem, with each photo being mounted in a protective HU frame. You will also have the opportunity to purchased additional items such as decorative picture frames, greeting cards & key rings, all featuring personalised photos from your visit
Can I take my own photos in the Grotto?
Customers are welcome to take their own photos of the children they accompany, though we would ask that this be kept as brief as possible
What happens if I cannot find the information I require or have any questions about any of our Santa Experiences?
Please send us an e-mail to email@example.com